Tethering to PS3, Need Help Changing NAT3 to NAT2

1. jennafiree

jennafiree New Member

:vollkommenauf: :vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:
    I have been working on this for DAYS. Endless googling, forum surfing, you-tube video watching, app installs, app uninstalls, and connection tests.

My goal is to get a tethered connection to my PS3 that achieves the NAT2 setting rather than NAT3(Strict). I know it is possible! I am too exhausted from searching so hopefully someone out there may be able to help me here. I have Wifi Tether Version 3.1-beta14 as well as PDAnet 3.5. I am currently running the ROM Joyfully Optimus Android 2.3.7, although if anyone knows of a ROM in which the tether would become successful I will switch.

So far, this is what I have managed to accomplish..

• Using wifi tether, I can get connection straight to my PS3 system wirelessly with the Netd (master) setting enabled and the MSS clamping option de-selected. This is good for browsing the internet, visiting the play store, updating the system, and chatting with friends. I even connected an online game of dead island for a split second with a friend but it crapped out.

• I've tried using connectify to broadcast the PDAnet usb tether through a WIFI signal. Still NAT3.

• I have tried using an ethernet cord also, but for some reason the option to share is never there! I have followed all the directions I have come across but I am just not seeing the sharing tab.

Any help would be nice and any suggestions to buy home internet won't help!

Thanks guys :p

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

If all else fails and no one here can help.... Virgin Mobile can help you with your purchased Mobile Hotspot plan and help you configure the PS3. Make sure to let them know which piece of hardware you purchased (the MiFi or the OverDrive Pro).
  3. kcls

kcls Active Member

So YOU'RE the reason my 3g has been so slow lately.

Are you using the V to tether? Or a mifi? Because others before you have tried with tethering the Optimus, and could never get through a game because VMs 3G speeds are so poor.
  4. jennafiree

jennafiree New Member

I am using the V. That does makes sense. Those videos are just tormenting me! Wish there was room in my budget for internet. :'(
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

First get the cell phone a nice place to sit where it gets fulls bars and speed, near a window or cut a hole in the roof to set it on the roof. [yea I really did that]

Now tether your OV to a computer/laptop

Then feed the PS3 internet via that computer/laptop
    where you can make all sorts of connection changes.

Though I doubt you will be able to game that well, why ive never bothered to hook up my Xbox.
  6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

Cm7 such as backside has built in tethering there is no need for 3rd party apps.

This thread is moving to all things root.