Tethering usbTips

1. Flablitz

Flablitz Well-Known Member

Dont know if this is allowed, but if not mods can delete.simpily download firefox and this attachment install the addon in firefox once installed go to tools default user agents and select the googlebot one thats the one i use anyhow. Ofc you have to instsll your favorite tether app first. I have only tried udb tethering with easytether myself.I forget what version of firefox i used expeirement eith versions if it doesnt work i had a earlier one. Good luck! Sorry cant add xpi so here is a link http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/59/ i use the 0.7.2

Advertisement
    anubispax likes this.
  2. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

PDAnet set to hide activity works also.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

4. Flablitz

*UPDATE*

I now use the latest version of firefox with the 0.7.3 UA addon. I can stock usb tether, stock mobile hotspot, 3rd party usb tether and also 3rd party wifi tether with no problems whatsoever. This can all be done on the 55$ unlimited promo plan, my bill was 56$ this month and the extra dollar is metro block it. ;)
  5. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Why pay extra for metro block it theres many good free programs on the play store for that purpose
  6. Flablitz

Have had it since I was a wee noob lol just hasnt affected me much to take it off.
  7. bobbybv15

bobbybv15 Active Member

Hey guys quick question what are the steps to tether? I have the $55 promo unlimited everything. I don't have internet at home so how do I go about tethering from my phone for my laptop? Thanks
  8. benalmighty

benalmighty Well-Known Member

Hey, when I got my motion, it came with a preinstalled hotspot app. And when i connect usb, it asks if i want to tether. Both work great but It doesn't like multiple tabs. so I swap my user agent on chrome. Also I'm on the 55$ plan.
  9. k8tcat

k8tcat New Member

Hi, Im new here. I just got an LG MTION. Can you please break this down into easy steps? I am not very computer literate. I have read some of your posts and feel you know what youre talking about. I have the same plan as you, I just want to get internet on my laptop using my phone. I did manage to be able to get on but only for a few sites. Thank you
  10. Flablitz

Download and install Firefox (PC) > download 0.7.3 and install (PC)> open Firefox > go to tools select user agent > on Android go to menu and select mobile hot spot > tick the box at the top >
    and there you go. You'll have to connect the wifi and enter password, which is your phone number including area code. The USB tether is the same PC downloads and steps, and but the phone will either ask you or you will have to select from the connection screen on phone.