1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tethering w/update

1. mcso619

mcso619 Member

I rooted my Maxx to enable the tethering w/my unlimited plan, and have since unroofed. I was able to keep my tethering while un-rooted and I was wondering if anyone else who had done the same has received the newest update. And if so, does the tethering still work? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I have not, but I have read elsewhere that accepting the OTA will remove the entitlement hack that allows this. You will lose the ability to tether without an approved Verizon plan.
  3. mcso619

mcso619 Member

Thanks. Is there any way to ignore the update w/o having to redo it every day?
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The only ways that I can think of are to be rooted and disable the process that checks for updates (sorry, I don't recall which one it is); however, another way is to keep your battery below 50%. The update will not install if the battery charge is below 50%. That seems difficult to manage...
  5. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Well-Known Member

Not only did the update kill the wifi tethering but now you can no longer use Bluetooth or usb tethering. I'm pissed.:mad: Just got off phone with Verizon and they say all of it is considered the same as hotspot. WTF :mad:

Anyone root after update? I'll go that route again.

6. SBCT

SBCT Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone will crack it back open....give it a few days
  7. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member

8. dhays

dhays New Member

Has anyone tried using the Xposed Framework module Moto Tether to enable the native tethering app on a Droid Maxx?