tethering with Froyo and new pricing possibility

Last Updated:

1. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

not sure if this is a confirmed feature or not....

but what if Sprint decides to automagically tack on a $30 monthly "tax" when this is sent out as OTA? or if you want the 2.2 update, you have to agree to the $30 add-on price?

or for early adopters, increase your "premium experience" charge to $30 ? and make the "premium experience" $30 for all the newer Evos that are
    released with Froyo?

basically, what if Sprint decides to make the "premium experience" price $30 or $40 when Froyo drops and includes free tethering/hotspot?

something to think about...

Advertisement
  2. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

Nothing to think about because it won't happen. Sprint will disable it and those with root will enable it and tether like we have been doing.

3. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure they could do something like that. I would have to look at the contract details, but I wouldn't think that they couldn't jack up the price on the plans by like 40%, especially when the reason for it was initially only a consumer option. The uproar of absolutely pissed customers would have such a ringing effect on Sprint....I really don't think they could even contemplate it.

Most like 2.2 will just come with the FroYo tethering option taken out.

4. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I don't see any way they could add on that much for something so few people will actually use. Look at how much fuss the $10 increase has caused already

5. SprintFun

Also, they better jack up the ETF as well because I'd be doing that pretty damn quick.

6. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

if i remember right, froyo is going to be modular so it's possible that this feature won't be sent to the evo users, right?

but then again, the hardcore will find the original, true version of froyo to install and root.

7. SprintFun

With regard to that, I just wonder how Sense and Froyo will coincide.