• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tethering with Froyo and new pricing possibility

skinnyguy

Apr 21, 2010
not sure if this is a confirmed feature or not....

but what if Sprint decides to automagically tack on a $30 monthly "tax" when this is sent out as OTA? or if you want the 2.2 update, you have to agree to the $30 add-on price?

or for early adopters, increase your "premium experience" charge to $30 ? and make the "premium experience" $30 for all the newer Evos that are
released with Froyo?

basically, what if Sprint decides to make the "premium experience" price $30 or $40 when Froyo drops and includes free tethering/hotspot?

something to think about...

Not sure they could do something like that. I would have to look at the contract details, but I wouldn't think that they couldn't jack up the price on the plans by like 40%, especially when the reason for it was initially only a consumer option. The uproar of absolutely pissed customers would have such a ringing effect on Sprint....I really don't think they could even contemplate it.

Most like 2.2 will just come with the FroYo tethering option taken out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones