Tethering with NexusGeneral

1. zanoodi

zanoodi Well-Known Member

Anyone with first hand knowledge regarding tethering with a Nexus device? I ask because I read in previous posts that tethering is free on Nexi. Is this claim true and what is the likelihood that Big Red let's this happen with all of us grandfathered into unlimited data plans?

Advertisement
    :
  2. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I highly, highly doubt Verizon would allow that. And frankly, I hope they don't, because that would probably rush them into taking away our unlimited data.

Just use PDA net or root!
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

or just purchase the tethering plan from verizon and do it legally :)
  4. zanoodi

Would't dream of doing it in any illegal fashion.

It does however make me wonder if this was one of those things making the Verizon execs sweat about the phone that is being discussed in the speculation thread.
  5. VoidedSaint

its not, i am under the assumption they are under speculation because of the campaigning rights
  6. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

By the way, how much does it cost? Tethering with Verizon, "by the book."
  7. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Tethering with root or PDA net is not illegal in any way.

-nkk
  8. VoidedSaint

last i saw $30 seperate,
    $50 with a 4gb / tethering plan
  9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

To my knowledge the point of the Nexus line is so that carriers or OEMs can not change android in any way, the OS comes straight from Google. Since tethering is a built in option in Pure Android, I think Verizon would either have to accept it or not get the phone on their network. That is just my opinion though.

Either way, you can always just root and tether if Verizon does somehow block the default tethering. It is in no way illegal, just against your terms of service if you don't pay for it.
  10. zanoodi

I remember something being said to the effect of if you have grandfathered unlimited data you get unlimited tethering for 30. For those on the tiered data it is 30 for two gigs and so forth.
  11. zanoodi

I use this method every so often on my good ole Droid X.
  12. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I did too, when I had my droid X on Verizon before I got my Nexus S
  13. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

An extra $30 on top of the data plan charge? How bogus.

Verizon can die in a fire.