Tethering ?

Last Updated:

1. rm2092

rm2092 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to tether my EVO to the Galaxy Tab with out using Sprints Mobile Hot Spot ? I found a thread where some one had used EasyTether Lite so I did try that and it works with my Mac but I can not see where I can use it with the Tab.

Advertisement
  2. Afront

Afront Well-Known Member

Can't answer that but I have tethered my Galaxy Tab to my HTC Desire on T-Mobile UK and it works perfectly.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

In your tab, go to

settings > wireless and networks > mobile ap > tick it

Unless Sprint has removed this option.

4. haison

haison Active Member

this is kind of off topic but I was trying to tether my captivate to my tab and vice versa and it wouldn't work. I had a friend's iPod touch connect to the device that was acting like an AP. Am I don't something wrong?

5. cbanning

cbanning Well-Known Member

The Verizon version doesn't have that option? I can connect to my home wifi, but not to a rooted free wifi tether, any ideas? It will see my DroidX, hotspot, but I don't really want to pay for that!

6. DixieNormas

DixieNormas Well-Known Member

Try the DroidX forum looks like they may have a solution for u.

7. cbanning

ok, so now I'm wondering whether to just pay the 20/month for 1g on the tab (which I'm slowly falling in like with), or the 20/month hotspot for my DX, with an unlimited data plan, at least for now...............I had to get the first month 3g - or whatever - anyway?

8. cbanning

I can use the "radio off / radio on" workaround most of the time, but am still not able to use the root wireless tether. The tab just doesn't see it, any ideas?

9. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

I got my dads galaxy tab working with my Droid and his Droidx using wifi tether. You have to root the galaxy tab using z4root then download a file from XDA-Developers. Use root explored to replace a file on your tabs system/bin folder then reboot. After that all you have to do is turn on the tabs wifi start wifi tether on your android phone. This fix enables all adhoc networks. Sorry I don't have more specific info but you can go to XDA-developers and do a search to find detailed instructions.

cbanning likes this.
  10. cbanning

sure would be nice to get an app like android-wifi that does this, too?
    I've rooted my X, but haven't done anything with root explorer or changing files. Remember, I'm a 59 yo non-nerd..............