Tethering!

Last Updated:

1. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Finally got tethering to work! Using PDAnet to enable tethering on my mac (OS X 10.6)...

Couldn't figure out why it wasn't recognising my phone as hooked up to the mac, until I went back and checked and the key is going into the Settings > Applications > Development .... and enabling "USB Debugging"... bingo! Worked like a charm after that...

Also able to prove that my network here in Detroit is definitely limited to ~900 kbps down and 350-400 kbps up.... Using the Speedtest.net website, can't get any higher, using a bunch of different servers. Same speeds as when I use the speedtest.net android app right from the phone when un-tethered.

At least I can now tether my macbook.... Bluetooth worked too... But there seems to be some weirdness where it seems I need to re-pair (as in from scratch, with the code, despite both devices remembering each other)... in order to be able to reconnect via bluetooth after disconnecting from a previous session...

In any case, USB connection is faster anyways... but needs the cable obviously...

cheers

Advertisement
  2. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

cool that someone posted that it worked. I haven't messed with pda yet. Spent lots of time looking at the sdk and getting adb to work. BUT if it's possible to tether without root I may wait till it's really necessary.

3. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

thank you for this post. it worked like a charm. my speeds clocked at 962 down and 337 up. now i am just waiting to be able to tether through the wifi in the phone.

4. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

PDAnet is awesome! Tethering, one more reason I turned to Android. ;-)

5. gemini69

gemini69 New Member

Do you get full Internet access, like ping and VPN on your laptop?

6. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if PDAnet works on linux?

Like wine or something?