tetheringSupport

1. Penfold1

Penfold1 Well-Known Member

Hi. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wi..fi only. Is it possible to tether it with my Galaxy W phone to get onto the net when there are no hot spots around?

Advertisement
    :
  2. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

I have no problem tethering to my bionic. Your best bet is posting in the forum for your phone.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

It's not a problem. I do it frequently. However, be aware that your carrier probably charges an additional fee for this (and they have ways of detecting usage). So, unless your phone is rooted (or you have a kinder carrier than AT&T or Verizon), plan on spending additional $$ for the priviledge.
  4. artbytes

artbytes Well-Known Member

There is an app called foxfi that let's you use your phone as a hot spot. You don't have to be rooted to use it. I don't know if your cell phone company can tell if you're using it, though. Perhaps if someone has used the app they could tell us how it went.
  5. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

I have a Droid2 that I've been tethering to my Tab since I got it July 2011. I've seen no evidence of Verizon charging me for it. I've got an old unlimited plan, though. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    artbytes likes this.
  6. Tipsy4Life

Tipsy4Life New Member

I have an HTC Incredible 2 and can not determine how to use FoxFI via the bluetooth option. Is it possible? If yes, can someone please tell me the correct steps to setup after installing the FoxFI?
  7. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is posting in incredible 2 forums.... Sounds like it is possible though.