1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tethering

1. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

Haven't had a chance to get on my computer yet but i thought i would ask here. I went to my local metroPCS store today to ask a couple questions. First, the sgs3. I know it's rumored on here either the end of this week or early October. They said they never heard of the sgs3 coming to metro. But that's not my only thing.

They mentioned the promo plan, $55/mo unlimited everything. However, the rep mentioned a second plan; $60/mo unlimited everything plus unlimited tethering with capable phones.

As i mentioned, i was unable to get on their site to confirm this, so i was wondering of anybody else knew about this?!

Advertisement
  2. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Most metro reps are grossly misinformed.

Google "samsung Galaxy S3 metropcs" and you'll find plenty of confirmation for the s3 coming to metro, besides looking around in the metropcs forum on this Site.

You will not get unlimited tether on the $60 plan as it only allows 5GB of 4G data. That's how much data you will be able to use for tethering.
  3. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation on tethering. 5gb is more than enough, and fore only $5 more. I live in a 4g area so it will be nice.
  4. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

just to clarify, you will have to add an extra $10 to allow tethering on the $60 plan so it would bring you to $70 for tetherable data. you only get 5GB period, meaning the 5Gb allowance with tethering will allow you to tether that 5GB amongst other things but it wont give you extra data that can be used for tethering on top of the 5 you get. all mobile data activity will count towards that 5GB.

it is possible to tether on the $55 unlimited all plan but you will need a workaround. you'll need to look around the forum or google to find out more.
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

If you feel like being a nice guy then go ahead and pay that extra for 5gb of tethering. If you don't then just get the 55 dollars plan, root your phone and tether unlimited like the rest of us.
  6. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

there a way to do it even without root. search around for details.