1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Tethering???Support

Last Updated:

1. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

hey has any one found a successful way to tether this phones mobile data (im rooted) i know this phone has a native tether feature but Virgin wants 15 a month more for that and i think thats insane (especially when i was doing it on my other phone with wireless tether app)

Advertisement
  2. lilnono93

lilnono93 Member

I've used WiFi tether for Root Users by M
  3. steeljack99

it always says "compiled with errors cant turn on ad hoc mode" something is blocking it
  4. allenmburns

allenmburns Member

Well i am getting this phone for xmas, only way i can get online at home so, this is a must have after i root + distracted the old phone
  5. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

FoxFi! Works fantastic! Can't get it in Market anymore but you can from their site. Pro key is available in Market. Hands down easiest to use tether app!
  6. steeljack99

have you got foxfi working on your device??? i tired it as-well but it would connect but not port through to the net, so id be connected with limited access
  7. TheBritton

It did work for me but I only tested it for about three minutes. Went to Facebook, Google, and YouTube. I'll check it out more. I don't really need tether so I kinda forget about it. I like to have it for when an emergency arises like storm power outage and laptop or something
  8. steeljack99

thats why i want it actually, and for places at my college that don't have wifi
  9. steeljack99

any updates man? i really need this :confused:
  10. striker325

striker325 Well-Known Member

I tried the latest foxfi and it did not work. It was able to turn on the hotspot and i could see the hotspot with my laptop but when it came to connecting to the hotspot, my laptop could not connect, it would just stay there lagging.
  11. TheBritton

Sorry for the delayed reply. Managed to achieve internet access but it is a hit and miss. I have to mess with it some to get it to work each time. Last night, I encountered the "Limited Connectivity" notification. I have been able to solve it by deleting the hotspot name profile from the laptop and creating a new connection in wireless settings. It seems to take a few tries. I have also had to rename the SSID in the FoxFi app once or twice.
  12. TheBritton

13. rcarter10

rcarter10 Well-Known Member

Put PDA net on the device you want to tether and foxfi on the phone , then tether using blue tooth. Worked for me on the nexus 7
  14. allenmburns

allenmburns Member

you can use wifi tether for root if you goto settings> change device profile> epic 4g touch, works just fine after i did that :)
    steeljack99 and TheBritton like this.
  15. TheBritton

I can also confirm Wifi Tether for Root Users works. It works very nicely I might add. :D
  16. elricbillman

elricbillman Member

Interesting... I have tried several apps and I always get some sort of error like "failed to set ad hoc mode." I am rooted btw.
  17. TheBritton

Be sure to select "Epic Touch 4G" under device profiles in the Wifi Tether for Root Users app.
    elricbillman likes this.
  18. elricbillman

elricbillman Member

Yeah... that did it.