• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rooted] TetheringProblems

I just rooted my Nexus 6 on the Sprint Network set everything up and now my WiFI hotpot will turn on and successfully creates a network. The issue I am having is that there is not internet access when the network is created. I've tried connecting to the network with my Nexus 9, my laptop running Windows 8 and the wife's Galaxy S4. Same issue with all of them connects to the network but does gain any internet access. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue or what may be causing it.

Edit- I can get it to work with my Nexus 9 now via bluetooth tethering but still nothing with the hotspot.

Last edited:
You may be able to get it to work by editing the settings.db

Get a SQL editor (I use this but it is a paid app - I believe there are free ones too, but I can't comment on those)
Launch the editor, give it root access and open this file - /data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases/settings.db
In this file, Open the "global" table and add the following entry:
label: tether_dun_required
value: 0

Exit and reboot

Reactions: KOLIO and Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones