TetherringSupport

Last Updated:

1. CWHJRA

CWHJRA New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I am thinking of getting a magic. One of the deciding factors is tehering capability. I have not found this or use as modem mentioned in this forum. Please advise me is this possible on the magic or the hero?
    I must say that after reading the forums on the iphone which at this point seems to be my only choice, magic is a winner per posting. There are a lot of negative postings on iphone that do not get answers. Like why did one% of their phones stop working on this week?
    but what about tetherring?
    ?

Advertisement
  2. jeremy1216

jeremy1216 Member

I use the free edition of the pdanet to tethering via my Magic. It works great. You have to pay US30 for a full version rather than just http browsing.

3. CWHJRA

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me what pdanet is? I am in Canada, will this work for me? And is it an app that I simply download and run along side of other apps? Tell you the truth I am totally new to downloading apps etc on a phone.

4. jeremy1216

jeremy1216 Member

I use the PDANet with my Rogers HTC magic without any problem. This allow me to use my phone as a wireless modem (like the rocket stick) to connect to the Internet wherever the Rogers 3G network covered. The free version will expire after the trial period and only allow http browsing. The latest version now is 1.1.7.

5. CWHJRA

I have downloaded proxoid. This is freeware. It is sometimes a little difficult to setup according to the notes in the apps. I have it working as proxy and am connected. However it does not find my webpage. It doesn't say it can't find it which would indicate no connection. Rather it stays in connecting mode. Lots of other people have it working and love it. so I will get it working I am sure. I had to quit working on it and go to work. If I remember i will post when i get it working.
    As far as the magic goes. I love it. I wouldn't get the pdanet as then i would have to start paying for it after the trial period which would defeat the purpose.