Tetrads.apk?General

Last Updated:

1. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I loaded up Astro and backed up all my apps (I thought), then upgraded to 2.1. Now when I go to put all my apps back, I'm missing one.

Does someone happen to have a copy of Tetrads (the tetris clone) they can pm or email me?

Also, anyone know of a way, besides from an Android phone, to download apps from the marketplace? I'm assuming they're just .apk files? Any kind of a proxy or something that will fool the marketplace into thinking I'm running a 1.5 Eris so I can download?

Thanks,
    Doc

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

They probably won't install because they are not compatible with 2.1.

I've had a few that didn't install from the SD card as well. I couldn't even find them in the Market again, as even a search came up empty.

That's just my assumption though...:confused:

3. flspnr

flspnr Well-Known Member

If it's not in the marketplace, it's copy protected. This means that you will not be able to get it until the Eris is added to google's list of who's on the 2.1 marketplace. Which will probably occur within a day or two of it being officially updated OTA, whenever that happens. Sucks, though.:( I lost one of my paid apps that I love love love when I upgraded, but I knew I might from reading the stickeyed thread. And btw, if you did pay for the app, when it comes back into the market you will be able to download it again for free, you won't have to pay again. :) Copy protected apps can't be backed up (I tried with Astro), so this is probably what happened to your app. Hope that helped explain it some.:)

4. flspnr

flspnr Well-Known Member

If an app backup tool (such as the one in Astro) doesn't back it up, it means it's copy protected and you have to wait until the official OTA or a few days later to get it again. You won't have to pay again.

If an app backup tool does back it up but it has lots of problems or won't open when reinstalled, then the app is not compatible and you have to wait for the dev to update it.

So far, that's about the gist of it as I understand it. :)