• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tetris (official) launched on Android

I've been on an Android game spending spree recently by buying Castle Warriors, Fruit Ninja, Guns 'n' Glory, Hyper Jump, Mini Squadron, Overkill, Radiant & my most recent purchase was the legendary Tetris yesterday.

Reall good times to be an Android gamer IMO. Mini Squadron and Tetris have been sucking my life away on both my Streak and Nexus. Once Angry Birds hits, I'll be super happy! :D

Upvote 0
Weird... I already have a Tetris game by EA on my droid. Have had it for ages and paid for it, in fact.

It seems like the one I had was taken off the market and replaced by this one. I wonder why they did that and why they want me to pay for the same game twice.

Anyone else notice this?

AFAIK, EA used to sell Tetris on their webstore and this is the first time they have released Tetris on Android Market.
Electronic Arts Inc. - EA Announces Three Games for the Android Platform

LOS ANGELES, Oct 29, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- EA Mobile(TM), a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced the development of two games for the T-Mobile G1 with Google, the first Android(TM)-powered mobile phone. Tetris(R) is available today and Bejeweled(R) and MONOPOLY Here & Now Edition will become available in November. All three games will be available in the United States for purchase and download directly from www . eamobile . com.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This has been in the market before, I've never purchased anything from EA webstore and I've had this game for my EVO since the day I bought it 3 1/2 months ago.

I'm sure this is the first time...

It's much better than the version that used to be on hallmark or whatever that website was called.

Still loving it!

Upvote 0
i agree, that price is pretty steep, but TETRIS is always worth it!
big companies (like EA) getting involved in the Market is probably going to have a big impact on app prices across the board.

wasn't TETRIS for nintendo ds like $40 or something?
Back in the day when Tetris was cutting edge.... sure!

The price tag is ONLY because the game is made by EA... and they feel as though they are too "high caliber" to sell a game for anything less. I agree though that it's nice they are getting into the android gaming market. Unfortunately if they make really good games, they'll only be more expensive...

Upvote 0
Back in the day when Tetris was cutting edge.... sure!

The price tag is ONLY because the game is made by EA... and they feel as though they are too "high caliber" to sell a game for anything less. I agree though that it's nice they are getting into the android gaming market. Unfortunately if they make really good games, they'll only be more expensive...

tetris was a bad game for them to overprice, especially because there are so many knockoffs. hopefully, if they do start making more expensive games, the games will be good enough to be worth it.

Upvote 0
Yep, this is definitely a shady move by EA. I am looking at my Google Checkout receipt from 12/23/2009 when I bought the previous version of official Tetris from EA Mobile. They had one version, and removed it, only to replace it with this version. It's pretty greedy to not just allow those who have already paid for it to update to the new version. I am intending to send an email to EA in order to contest this prior to purchase. Thankfully, I can send them my receipt from 2009 when the price was the same: $4.99 + 0.30 tax = $5.29.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones