Text alert for Motorola DroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. ingrid907

ingrid907 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to seperate alerts for text messages and email?
    I've called Verizon Support and looked for apps without success.
    I don't care when I get an email but I have missed serveral texts because the alert tone is the same and I just ignored it thinking it was more unimportant email.

Advertisement
  2. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

It's been posted several times. In settings under messaging, just change the notification tone.

3. ingrid907

I hear what you are saying but I want a tone for text not for emails. I don't see a way to change one without changing the other. Other than stop autosync for my emails.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

They can all be different. I have two email accounts. Each one has it's own notification tone so I know which account has a new email. My messenger is a different notification alert.

5. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Member

you need to go into your email account, hit the "menu" button on your home row, "settings" and then "select ringtone" from there you can change your notification to "silent" or any other notification sound you would like.

you can create a folder on the root of your sd card named "notifications" (without the quotes) and it should populate to the phones OS just drag/drop your sounds into that folder or use the default ones.. your choice

6. ingrid907

Thanks a million Hellspawn!! You rock!!:D Your "Droid for Dummies" approach was just what I needed to sort out the problem instantly!!

7. I need to change my text alert. It wont save the one I choose in notifications. It lets me choose one of the generics and that fine but it doesnt save it. It plays a ringtone and it is long. please help

8. I need to change my text message alerts. It is stuck on a ringtone that I didnt choose to do. It will not let me change it and save it. It will let me select one from the generic ones but wont save it. I have the droid 2,
    Thanks for any help.