• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text alert for Motorola Droid

ingrid907

Lurker
Nov 13, 2009
Is there any way to seperate alerts for text messages and email?
I've called Verizon Support and looked for apps without success.
I don't care when I get an email but I have missed serveral texts because the alert tone is the same and I just ignored it thinking it was more unimportant email.

I hear what you are saying but I want a tone for text not for emails. I don't see a way to change one without changing the other. Other than stop autosync for my emails.

They can all be different. I have two email accounts. Each one has it's own notification tone so I know which account has a new email. My messenger is a different notification alert.

Upvote 0
you need to go into your email account, hit the "menu" button on your home row, "settings" and then "select ringtone" from there you can change your notification to "silent" or any other notification sound you would like.

you can create a folder on the root of your sd card named "notifications" (without the quotes) and it should populate to the phones OS just drag/drop your sounds into that folder or use the default ones.. your choice

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones