Text and Other questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to set a custom ringtone for text messages? I see in the music app to set a song as a ringtone but it doesn't let me set it as a text tone. I also made a song a ringtone but it was not available to the text app. Someone mentioned Handscent but I was hoping to use the stock app. The Droids stock app apparently does allow music for ringtones as I just confirmed from my brother in law.

Second part related to this is, is there an app/widget from HTC (or another company) for file management that will let me copy stuff from the SD card to the onboard memory (ROM or the FLASH) without using a computer (ie Standalone from the Incredible). This may allow me to copy my files to the stock ringtones/message tones folder on the Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. jlb0305

Anyone?

3. mojojojoe

mojojojoe New Member

Astro File Manager will allow you to copy from SD to Local memory without a computer. I believe the local folder that gets mounted when you connect your DI is /emmc not sure if thats where you will have to put ring tones though?

jlb0305 likes this.
  4. jlb0305

Thanks that let me find where it should go unfortunately it says i don't have permission to add or change files because its in the system folder

5. jcoberg10

jcoberg10 Active Member

I'm also curious about a separate text tone per contact. Jim calls(ringtone A) Jim texts (ringtone b), Suzy Calls (ringtone c) suzy texts (ringtone d) Hope that is clear. any info appreciated, i'm going to check the handscent settings next chance i get.

6. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

Mount the phone.

Create media/audio/ringtones folder. Same for media/audio/notifications.

Add songs you want to be ringtones and/or notifications where they need to go.

Unmount phone.

Open notification panels in settings and voila there are your customized tones. You cannot set individual text notifications per contact from the default message app or contacts.