• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text app that uses more screen?

V.Lee

Jan 22, 2011
I tried searching, but may not have used the right terms. Anyhow, didn't find anything.

I have had the phone for over a year (Epic 4G), but didn't really text much. I'm doing so a little more now, but maybe different that was intended in that I tend to write more than a few words.

Problem: the app that came with the Epic just has a tiny little window (2 or 3 lines) for the text and most of the rest of the screen is unused. I have to scroll up and down to see the whole message (and I make a lot of typos, so I want to "proof" it). Are there any apps that have a larger text window? A larger window and font would be better. Free preferred but will consider a not-too-expensive one if there is a trial.

You mean the area where you input text? Two ways you can do, get a keyboard that supports full screen input, like Go Keyboard, or an SMS app that has a full screen editor, like Go SMS Pro. On Go Keyboard, after installing just go to settings>keyboards>enable Go Keyboard>go to Go Keyboard Settings>Appearance>Portrait Fullscreen. Then select your input method and set it to Go Keyboard.

Its a free app

Using this, fullscreen text editing works for everywhere you need to type.

Reactions: V.Lee
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I use Go Launcher, so that seems like a natural progression. I am pretty sure I actually had GO SMS for a while and deleted it. Can't remember why, although I vaguely remember some app sending out doubles. (But being very new at the time, it could have been operator error!).

I'll try that again as well as the GO Keyboard.

(Hmm, have to figure what I can delete because my phone is getting too full).

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones