1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Text count not showingSupport

1. scottm79

scottm79 New Member

Ive seen a few threads with similiar issues but didnt really see a clear solution so I'll ask here. I just got a razr maxx hd a few days ago. My text count for the bottom text symbol is not showing anything when I receive a text. I recieve a notification sound/light and the text symbol appears in the status tray up top but no number count of texts down below. I thought it was working before I updated to the latest system update and installed a few apps but Im not really that sure. I do have a text app named text plus gold installed. I dont use it as a replacement to my stock texting app..but just once and awhile as a alternative so im not sure if that could be the problem? Anybody know a clear solution? I appreciate any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Are you on jelly bean? And if so, have you done the factory data reset to start fresh with jelly bean instead of having it over lay on top of ice cream sandwich?
  3. scottm79

scottm79 New Member

Yes I updated to jelly bean and did the factory reset. After I did that it seemed to work for a short period of time but then went back to not showing the number of texts again.
  4. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Uninstall your text app and see if that make a difference. If not, then you know it wasn't the app. (don't forget to reboot after uninstalling)
  5. Thunder22

Thunder22 Well-Known Member

The same thing happens to mine, but it only started happening when I put a pin lock code on the phone. I'm still looking for a solution.