Text DeletionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. stacelev

stacelev Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone know how to delete certain texts from a thread in an easy manner instead of having to delete a whole thread??

Advertisement
  2. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member

Are you using the default SMS or Handcent or Chomp? I dont really know about the default SMS but on Handcent or Chomp you push and hold the specific message you want deleted and it will come up in the options.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i would think it would be the same for the native app...

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I think what "stacelev" is asking for is a multi-selection method followed by a "delete selected", rather than opening up messages one by one and deleting them individually. Sort of the way that Gmail works online: you "mark" individual messages, and then "delete marked". You are still selecting messages individually, but there are fewer button-pushes and less overall delay.

Since stacelev didn't say what SMS app he/she was using, it's kinda hard to know, although it is safe to say that this functionality doesn't exist in the currently-released default (HTC) SMS app.

eu1

5. stacelev

thanks. that is what i am asking for but i guess there is no easy way to do it.
    should i switch away from the default SMS to one of the other apps? which do you recommend?
    thanks.

6. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

You have to download them and see which one works best for you. I installed chomp and never had the desire to try handcent because I liked it so much.

7. stacelev

what are the advantages of chomp or handcent vs. the default SMS?

8. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

The look and customization ability to fit your needs. The phone is all about you and what you want. You may not like what I like and you may find something that works better for you.