Text Editor?General

Last Updated:

1. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm early in the 30 day evaluation period for my Droid Incredible and tonight I was looking for a way to take notes - a text editor. Even my ancient LG8300 dumb-phone has one but I couldn't find one on the Incredible. Is there one?

If not, what's a good free or cheap one? I'd settle for old-fashioned ASCII or unicode text, but I'd prefer one that does full formatting and fonts like Open Office or Word (I realize this won't be free).

And where do the files get stored? What kind of file system is available on a non-rooted Android phone?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. JamesKeating

JamesKeating New Member

Documents to Go is the only full editor available as far as I know. I don't use it myself. Home page:The page you requested was not found.

Quick Office, a PDF editor and the text editor Amoeba are all I need. Amoeba alone among text editors makes it relatively easy to move your cursor within text, using a magnifying box. It also is easiest for choosing your own file names and locations.

File locations can be anywhere in the SD card, since you have access to all of it.

For any real editing, it's easier to transfer the files off and on the phone. I use the file manager ES File Explorer, which lets you transfer files wirelessly.

3. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

s well as Documents to Go, there are Thinkfree Office and QuickOffice can edit rich text (i.e. .doc files). If you want a notepad that stores notes internally, rather than as text files, you could look at Note Everything which is a notepad on steroids. To edit plain text files, I'd recommend installing either Astro File Manager or Estrongs File Manager, both of which have a built-in text editor; the later also allows you to create new text files as well (haven't found a way to get Astro to do this). For a standalone text file editor, you could check out OI Notepad. All of these are available from the Android Market.