1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Text Editor

Last Updated:

1. thegreen4me

thegreen4me New Member This Topic's Starter

Does any one know of a text editor on android optimized for programmers, like g-edit?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

What, you mean with syntax highlighting and typeahead? I don't think any such thing exists.

That said, Text Edit is a very nice editor -- in the spirit of Windows Notepad.exe rather than the Android Notepad from the SDK sample. It does plain text editing of sd-card-based files as one would expect, with no frills.

3. toronado455

toronado455 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for this too. I'd think that there would be such a thing. At least syntax highlighting. Doesn't anyone edit code on an Android device?

4. Brentulus

Brentulus Member

I'm looking for the same. Maybe this has already been resolved by now (although I couldn't really find anything in the Android Market), but recently I saw an editor available for LaTeX coding, which looks like it does highlight syntax. The templates for those not writing LaTeX files will be useless of course, but it looks like it may be a start. I want to use it for Lilypond myself (an open-source sheet music typesetter), but can use WebLily until something better comes around.

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

6. sadielynn

sadielynn Well-Known Member

Dunno about the coding stuff, but jota is a really good txt editor, and I bet if you tell the dev what your looking for, he can try to add it if it's not there already.