• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text entry, last words

PetiePal

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
So I'm really starting to dig into my Droid now after 2 days and I've got a question! (surprise lol)

When entering in text and using the predictive text entry, when you select the word it always enters a space...if you're saving something it will append that space to the end of the filename making you have to hit the "X" Delete key to erase it. Is there any easy way to not have it input the space automatically (didn't see it in settings?).

Also how do you tell it to automatically put a period at the end of the word etc? I've done it by accident before but no idea how I did it!

So I'm really starting to dig into my Droid now after 2 days and I've got a question! (surprise lol)

When entering in text and using the predictive text entry, when you select the word it always enters a space...if you're saving something it will append that space to the end of the filename making you have to hit the "X" Delete key to erase it. Is there any easy way to not have it input the space automatically (didn't see it in settings?).

Also how do you tell it to automatically put a period at the end of the word etc? I've done it by accident before but no idea how I did it!

Not sure if i completely understand what your asking in the first part, but to automatically place the period at the end of the sentence you just hit the space bar twice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones