Text entry, last words

Last Updated:

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm really starting to dig into my Droid now after 2 days and I've got a question! (surprise lol)

When entering in text and using the predictive text entry, when you select the word it always enters a space...if you're saving something it will append that space to the end of the filename making you have to hit the "X" Delete key to erase it. Is there any easy way to not have it input the space automatically (didn't see it in settings?).

Also how do you tell it to automatically put a period at the end of the word etc? I've done it by accident before but no idea how I did it!

Advertisement
  2. Ambush

Ambush Active Member

Not sure if i completely understand what your asking in the first part, but to automatically place the period at the end of the sentence you just hit the space bar twice.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

When you don't want a space between two words you have one of two choices.

1 - When you see the correct predictive text word, press space then backspace and keep typing.
    2 - Just type the entire filename out manually and ignore the predictive text altogether.

4. Ambush

Ambush Active Member

And for future ease of use, if you type out the word that isn't in your predictive text you can save it to your dictionary by pressing and holding down on the word once it's typed out in the predictive text box.