Text formattingTips

Last Updated:

1. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought i would make a thread had seen it said on youtube that it doesnt do it on the X but actually after you pinch and zoom double tap the screen and it formats text to fit the page. Loving this phone. Sorry if someone already posted this but didnt see it in my search

Advertisement
  2. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

This may sound like a really dumb question, but I am slightly confused. Is there a setting on the Droid X that stops being able to pinch and zoom? It doesn't appear that I am able to do it this on my Droid X, unless I am not doing it right or not in the right area. can anyone give more info on the pinch and zoom feature please? Sorry for the simple, seemingly ignorant question.... Thanks in advance!

Deanna

3. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there. No no setting it is just the standard pinch to zoom. What happens when you try?

4. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

well, after I wrote that post... I went into the pictures and the pinch and zoom was working there, but I thought it was also supposed to work when in the web browser, but there I was not getting any response... wonder if it had something to do with the way the browser was already appearing on the screen or something. When in the browser when I try to pinch and zoom, it just moves the page all over the place. Any ideas?

5. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member

I feel the easiest way to pinch and zoom especially on the X is to keep your thumb still on the screen and move your index finger in and out...it's a lot easier than moving both fingers in and out.

Terminatrix likes this.
  6. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

just bought the X last night. Have been on an incredible since it launched. Resizing of text when zooming on the incredible was automatic and worked perfectly. Not so on the X unfortunately. Wish the X would fix this issue.

7. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member

Pinch and zoom sometimes does not work because it is a mobile site and has no options to zoom. Try going to a regular site and see if it works.