• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text forwarding

BudDroid

Jan 14, 2011
Seagrove Beach FL
So, I sometimes travel to international destinations where my Sprint phone won't work. I don't do it often enough to justify getting a world phone, nor do I want to pay the roaming. So, I just do without for a few days.

Meanwhile, back home, people are sending me texts. But, of course, they are just sitting in the queue at Sprint waiting for my phone to connect to the system again.

Does anyone know if Sprint offers a service to forward text messages to email? It would have to be in the Sprint network, not an app - the app wouldn't work without a connection to the phone.

Consider setting up a Google Voice account.

Although messages would be delivered through an app, the messages would still be delivered over a Wi-Fi connection when you're away. If you integrate Google Voice with your Sprint account, it can all be done with your existing phone number, if you choose.

This also allows you to send/receive text messages on multiple devices, as well as from a PC.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones