7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  4. Physical Keypad

2 vote(s)
    12.5%

Last Updated:

1. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just out of curiosity how many people use Swype vs. Voice to Text vs. other means for text input. If I forgot a method just say it out loud.

Advertisement
  2. ChuckFarley

ChuckFarley Well-Known Member

I think I've tried every keyboard option out there, and I always come back to stock; and it's always because I find the text prediction and correction to be the best on stock.

Swype was cool for a minute, but I just started getting frustrated when trying to type three+ syllable words. It's fun to show off, and it's a great in theory but only medicore in practice. Just my opinion.

The others: droid x and swiftkey are good keyboards, but the multi touch does not make up for the correction/prediction that the stock provides.

3. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I pretty much used the stock Android keyboard at first and then I decided to give Swype a try, and now that's pretty much all I use. Not trying to brag, but got pretty good at it at so I love that method now.

4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Yea, Swype is fantastic once you've gotten over the learning curve. Using my wifes phone with a touch keyboard feels so slow now.

I've tried voice-to-text a few times but it just feels so wrong.

5. mdtolic

mdtolic Well-Known Member

I think Swype is actually fun. Of course, I've only been using it for a week, but I never expected I'd be using it at all. Once you get the hang of it, you really can type? enter? whatever, quite fast. And if you do hit some wrong keys, the suggestions almost always include the correct word. That's been my experience anyhow. The only problem I have, is noticing a misspell in the middle of a text. Its a little hard to get right to it on the Vibrant.