Text is not there when typing?Support

Last Updated:

1. kanay2000

kanay2000 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so i am reaaaallly anoyed coz , 1 every 3 times I try to type something into a text box, the keyboard appears as usual, but when I type, the text does not appear on the text box, this is really annoying, coz you have to wait 30 secs before the problems magically fixes

Advertisement
  2. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Never heard of this problem before.
    Are you using a task killer?
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?

3. kanay2000

kanay2000 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yh, i am using task killer, and i have rebooted the phone many times

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Try uninstalling the task manager & see if this fixes the problem, as task managers tend to cause some problems

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Textbox on what? A website? Is it only certain websites?

6. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

This happens to me in text messages but only very rarely, closing the message and reopening does the trick. No task killers here.

7. dringa

dringa New Member

I have seen this exact problem from today and it's very frustrating. Please please is there a solution?!

I have only just (after months) got kind of used to texting from this phone, though it's still far too slow to get the right words - I much prefer the old style phones for texting.

For email and browsing this phone is very good, but for texting, and good old normal phone calls it takes a lot of getting used to and I am not yet totally comfortable.

but back to the start... how do I fix the issue of text not appearing when I type, other than just turning it back to portrait orientation

8. tomlai

tomlai New Member

apart from what you guys have encountered above on typing text msg, i've encountered more issues when typing text msg.

1. when i press a character more than once, phone hangs and then error msg appears, asking if i want to force close or continue waiting. sometimes i force close, only to re-type msg. sometimes i wait and i continue typing where i left.

2. when typing in lowercase, keyboard freezes, and suddenly text appears in uppercase, then have to manual 'switch-off' uppercase mode to return to lowercase then continue typing.

my phone is already on 2.3.3.

is it a problem with my phone only? any gurus out there can help provide solution?