• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Issues

If someone sends me a joke with a picture in it, or even just a picture at all, my phone wont let me download it. It did after the first few weeks, but after that, nothing. Is there any way to fix this?

You HAVE to be on the 3G network in order to download picture mail. It will not work on 1X or WiFi... This is from my experience, anyway.

Upvote 0
You HAVE to be on the 3G network in order to download picture mail. It will not work on 1X or WiFi... This is from my experience, anyway.

My phone used to have issues. It didn't matter if I was on 3g or 1x or roaming. It either worked or not. Some people have different issues with the picture mail. There is no one fix (besides rooting) that works for everyone. I got sick of waiting for sprint to fix all the issues this phone had, so I rooted it. The only other option seems to be to wait for the update, which Sprint says will fix the problem

Upvote 0
My phone used to have issues. It didn't matter if I was on 3g or 1x or roaming. It either worked or not. Some people have different issues with the picture mail. There is no one fix (besides rooting) that works for everyone. I got sick of waiting for sprint to fix all the issues this phone had, so I rooted it. The only other option seems to be to wait for the update, which Sprint says will fix the problem

Mine works every time when I've got a solid 3G connection. Granted, I don't receive a ton of picture mail... But when I do, I test every time. I turn my 3G off -- get the failed to download message. Then I turn on 3G -- works like a charm. Just giving you my test results... I'm not trying to say that your wrong.

Upvote 0
I know, I agree. Like I said, everyone seems to have different issues and the only SOLID fix seems to be root. I wasn't arguing;) Just stating what I've found in my searching for a fix. I recieve a TON of mms and was pi$$ed when I paid $300 for a phone that wouldn't do it. My last phone (a Moto Renegade) would do mms and video mail flawlessly. So I know it's not the network or servers that Sprint uses like some people say.

Upvote 0
Actually I saw a post from someone who was rooted that said they still experience the problem but its just easier to deal with because they use their nandroid backup which was made when it was working. Big difference there is they don't have to re-customize like with hard resetting a nonrooted phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones