Text jokes dont run properlyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. chrli3

chrli3 Member This Topic's Starter

OK last time I posted I got pounded for not taking a week to look for answer . so here we go again. When i get a text msg with a pic or video attached or with a song attached to a pic I can only do one at a time. (ok they r usually just jokes but still,) my regular nonsmart phone knew to play them together. i have do download each to hear or view separately (kinda ruins the jokes) can I fix this or are my text jokes ruined forever???
    anyone know?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I've brought this up twice, and nobody ever has posted a response. I guess it works fine for everyone else except you and me....?

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

No, it works that way for everyone. It has to do with how the stock messenger handles attachments in MMS. as far as I know there isn't a "fix" for this.

4. grvthang

Thanks. I was wondering why a device that can do so many incredible things can't do that.
    I had a funny incident a couple of weeks ago - I'm showing a buddy of mine my marvelous incredible android phone and all the wonderful things it can do. He says "Oh, I something funny for you to see", and he texts me some animated cartoon from his simple no-frills "free with one year sign-up" phone.
    My smartphone recieves the message as two separate files - an mp3 audio file and a still gif file, which can't be played simultaneously.
    "Some smartphone", my buddy says.

Don't get me wrong - I really dig my Eris. But you would think that a carrier or manufacturer would be sure to include all the basic functions of today's cell phones first, and then add on all the groovy stuff. It took me three weeks before I found out I had to download a third-party app to be reminded of missed calls and texts (something that any cheap phone can easily do).

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem is specific to the Eris. I'm relatively new to smartphones myself, but its either an Android OS problem or a smartphone problem in general. I know that smartphones as a whole handle MMS differently than dumbphones.

6. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

I use chomp and my mms comes to me like it should.

7. grvthang

That's exactly my point - you need to use a third-party app for something any basic non-smart phone can do.