Text LED notifications issue...Support

Last Updated:

1. MachineGunnWilly

MachineGunnWilly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like many here people always want to see and play with my phone. One issue I have is that when someone sends you a text it scrolls across the top task bar and also is displayed on the lock screen. When you go into the messaging options you can turn off the notifications in the task bar which works, BUT the LED no longer blinks allowing me to know there is a text. Please not in the settings I still have SMS LED still checked off.

So is there any possible way to get the texts to stop appearing on the phone, while just giving us a simple LED notification that we have a text?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

there are a few led apps that will give you more control over the led like wimax notifier i think it is called. I use Handcent...and have the ability to control those functions separate from each other

MachineGunnWilly likes this.
  3. MachineGunnWilly

Mr Ed, thanks! I am LOVING handcent! Should I delete the systems stock messaging app? or just turn off the notifications?

4. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

You can't delete the stock app without rooting, and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

MachineGunnWilly likes this.
  5. MachineGunnWilly

Thanks Vince, I'm just now really learning about the phone i purchased a few weeks. Just installed Ultra keyboard as well, these two def make for a killer texting monster! lol

Although I love handcent and would never go back to the original messaging app, I have really noticed loading seems to take a few seconds on occassion other times instantly. Anything I can do to quicken this?

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

keep your read message count low...clear out old messages frequently.

and as Vincent said..don't delete the stock messaging app. Handcent is pulling info from it..not replacing it.