Text message alert time incorrectSupport

Last Updated:

1. Saidar

Saidar Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone else was having this issue or may know what could be causing it. Recently all my alerts in the notification area have their times off by 5 hours. For example it is now 8:22PM my time, if I were to get a text message now the alert would have a time of 3:22PM. The other strange thing about it is that when I view the text message inside the text messaging application the time is correct. I just noticed this problem the other day, but it's possible it began when I updated to 2.2 the earlier in the week. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a bug with the 2.2. My ChompSMS is totally screwy when I'm inside a conversation with someone. All my messages are off my 4 hours. The developer of Chomp replied to me and said it's a bug in this version of 2.2 that does something with with the timestamp. Apparently instead of using the timestamp from the phone it's using the timestamp from the network or something. He said this bug isn't in any other versions of 2.2 so hopefully once we get the final build for our phone it'll be fixed.