• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message auto delete?

Does anybody know how to set your messages up to auto delete after a set amount? I have over 400 on one thread after a day or two and it would be nice if there was an auto delete feature. Maybe an app? anybody know?

Are you using the stock Messages client? If so, I would suggest trying out Handcent from the Market.

It groups your text messages by user so if you have 400 text messages with one person, you can just delete that "thread" and poof, all 400 messages are gone.

Upvote 0
The stock app does that as well. Even gives the option to delete "locked" messages from the thread if desired.

Are you using the stock Messages client? If so, I would suggest trying out Handcent from the Market.

It groups your text messages by user so if you have 400 text messages with one person, you can just delete that "thread" and poof, all 400 messages are gone.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem. I really wish it deleted the oldest messages. even if I could set it to hold a certain amount per person would be another great idea. I too got a couple of people up to 400 messages in a short time span. And it sucks when you have to load your convo with them because it takes forever and a day to load all the messages. Also when you have to go and delete them after having so many it slows up your phone for a while before you can actually do something. No multi tasking at all at that point.

The Moto Droid has an option to keep a certain amount of messages. :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones