• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message --> Calendar entry

Jethro10

Aug 4, 2010
Does anyone know of a way, or a plugin or a program add on, to send the text of a text message to the creation of a new calendar entry, with the subject or notes pre-filled with the text data.
I find I'm doing it a lot. OK, I can effectivley copy/create new entry/paste, but wondering if something could help me miss out a few steps/

Thanks
Jeff

Have you tried Quick Addroid? It doesn't do the text to calendar thing, but can create calendar entries from pre-defined settings quickly.

However, Tasker could be setup to do the text to calendar thing, but it would take quite a bit to set it up to do that. You would use the SMS Receive event, with tasks that would split the %SMSRB variable up into different user defined variables from your text message which you would use to populate a Calendar Insert action. The hardest part to figure out would be how to calculate the In Minutes for the Calendar event start time.

Reactions: Jethro10
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones