• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message Contact problem

I just upgraded to a Droid pro from the original droid. My contacts have synced with my gmail, but I'm having an issue when composing text messages. Here is what is happening, I'm trying to text 'Carlos' (a contact in my contacts) so I go to compose a text message and start typing 'Carlos', the drop down menu starts narrowing down contacts with what I'm typing, but various of the options are just phone numbers numbers with no names on them, while others have a name and phone number below. So when I finish typing 'Carlos' two different phone numbers are in the drop down menu with no names attached to either of them, then when i select the one i know is right, 'carlos' shows up as the recipient in my text draft.

So my question is basically, how can i make the names show up with the numbers? The phone clearly knows that the number is attached to the contact, but it doesn't show it until i select the phone number, even though for most contacts it shows the name AND number.

I am having the same problem, it usually isn't a big problem until you go to send a message to someone where you don't remember which number you have listed for them is which, like trying to decide which is their primary cell and which is a back up cell or home number? I have checked multiple contacts to see if any of them are listed different between the ones that work correctly and the ones that just come up with numbers and haven't found any anwers yet. Anyone with some imput on this would be great?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones