Text Message Delivery VerificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm reposting this topic...

I know if you long press the message in question you can press (view report) (not view detail) which can indicate MESSAGE PENDING. But the Icon has an green EXCLAMATION MARK in the envelope icon just as all the delivered messages do.

I'm guess the Incredible Text message only indicates and verifies the message was sent by your (Incredible) phone, whether it was delivered has to be verified by long pressing the message itself and read the option VIEW REPORT.

Does anyone know of a way to overcome this SMALL but very important dilemma.

Advertisement
  2. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I believe you are referring to the HTC messenging app, as I think we've had this convo before. I don't know how to fix with the stock messenger but Handcent does this automatically but only when you are messaging another Verizon Wireless customer. If this is really that important to you, maybe give Handcent a try. Just trying to help.

3. DroidPower

it was cover before but i wanted to get into more detail of the problem/solution. I tried hand-cent but everything get duplicated and stuff, its more of a addition to... than instead of.

I just thought someone might of came up with a answer, solution, or App. A text message confirmation of delivery would be cool, we take-it for granted that our messages are received.

4. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Duplicated? Not sure what you mean. Yes you can open any messenger and see all your texts...? Anywho, there's gotta be a solution to what your'e looking for. Maybe in the works. Don't give up.

5. DroidPower

When i receive a text i get duplicate notifications and a option window asking where i want to view the message.... messages or handcent.

I know i can turn off notification in messages but that only solves the sound duplication, but doesn't solve receiving messages in both Apps.

6. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Next time is asks where to view, click the 'set to default' and choose Handcent. Go to the factory messenger and shut off 'receive' notifications. If set up properly you will only receive one notification. From Handcent. Seriously, mine runs flawless, and I have no second messenger unexpectedly popping up anywhere.

DroidPower likes this.
  7. DroidPower

where is the set to default option... that doesn't show in the option window.

8. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

next time you receive a text, I think it's along the bottom of the option window. There should be a spot to check to set to default. Maybe you need to reinstall Handcent so it will see you have options again? It's there, just been a while since I set mine.

9. DroidPower

i did it... but it still received in the message app, so i get duplicate messages.

10. DroidPower

but its still showing on my App Icon...number appears on Icon

11. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, it reads out of the same message archive, it doesn't duplicate the messages. To prove it, just delete one message. It deletes from the other messenger also. Just remove the HTC messenger icon so you only have the Handcent one.

DroidPower likes this.
  12. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I found Handcent to be buggy as well, so I uninstalled it fairly quickly.

As for your question, I would like to know as well. It's crazy that my Voyager was able to do this and the Incredible/Android cannot.

13. DroidPower

ok... i got it... finally through trial and error of settings i got it. I removed the messages app from my home screen and disable notifications, adding the handcent icon.

After playing with the handcent options... i'm mean a thousand of them, i got it to work how i wanted it to. Plenty of customization to be done if desired, so i'm finally done. Thanks wkd1

14. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, sorry it was such a hassle for you. Enjoy!