• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message Issue

Axxzor

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Okay so I just got 2 Droid phones yesterday (one for me and the other for a family member) from Verizon and everything works perfectly fine on mine. However, on the other phone for the family member they can not send or receive text messages.

When I tried to send a text message to that phone from my working one I get a message back that says "You have been blocked from originating messages to xxxxxxxxxx". I checked the verizon website to see if any numbers were blocked, they were not. I even did the whole send text messages to 8888, still did not work.

When we try to send a text from it it just keeps saying message not sent, I tried many different people, people on our network, people on our plan, and people on different networks and none of it worked. The only text it ever received was one directly from Verizon because the other phone has the master number on it and we were setting up our account for Verizon so it sent us our username and such.

So basically I just want to know if anyone knows my problem or has had experience with it or if I should just go ahead and give Verizon a call, Thanks for reading.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones