Text message issues: sending to the wrong personSupport

1. Bizkid95

Bizkid95 New Member

Over the past few weeks my TB has been sending text messages to the wrong person. I am on the screen with all the previous texts from and sent to person A and I type up a reply, but when I press send, it sends to person B. Why?? Please help. Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Its a known issue with android.. do a search you'll see a number of threads about it.

Seems to happen more often with the stock mms app.
    Bizkid95 likes this.
  3. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

This was resolved in Gingerbread. We just have to wait until the TB gets it.
    Bizkid95 likes this.
  4. angldvl81

angldvl81 Well-Known Member

You can download a text app to prevent it until gb is released. Gosms works fine for me. I believe handcent doesn't have issues either
    Bizkid95 likes this.
  5. D1RTY R1CE

D1RTY R1CE Member

I was having the same problems with my last TB and some other stuff happened to it so verizon sent me a new TB. I have had the new Tb for a few weeks and now it is starting to send the texts to wrong people again. Handcent works great, I used it for awhile on my last Tb.
  6. TheSmokinStroke02

TheSmokinStroke02 Active Member

i am having problems with mine as well, as with slow reboot issues. are there any options i have as to getting a new model of phone? i understand no software release is perfect, but when i pay $XXX to not be able to send a text to the right person it kind of pizzes me off.
  7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. I now use handcent and the problem is gone.
  8. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Handcent is my MMS app of choice. That and I've been on GB since it was leaked so maybe why I've never had an issue with the tbolt.
  9. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Plenty of work-arounds for this issue. If you don't want to use a 3rd party application (which is perfectly justifiable), then what we have done is anytime the screen freezes or lags for a second when opening up a text and responding. Back out of the messaging application and go back in. I cannot speak for all people but that is the only time we get messages sent to someone else.

Is it a pain? Yes. Should we have to deal with it? No. Solutions? 3rd party applications or root and throw a different ROM on.