Text Message Memory Full??Support

Last Updated:

1. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed I get the "text message memory full" error when my phone's free space is below 20mb even though I don't have that many texts.

Is the text message memory a small percentage of how much free space is left?

Is there any way I can set it to have a set amount of memory so I can avoid missing texts as there is no way to retrieve the lost text once I get that error?

:confused:

Advertisement
  2. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

i think it might be part of the phones internal 512. I just got that recently too. Deleted some messages and then some progs and it was ok.

3. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Same here... But I had a bunch of multimedia messages, text messages, and google voice voicemails, so I could understand. It would be nice if they actually had something that would tell you when you were getting close to the limit.

4. jonno2k

jonno2k Active Member

Ya, it's a definite weakness for sure. The worst part is getting the error and having no way to retrieve the lost SMS. I'd rather not even know there was one lost since I don't know who it was from or anything.

My old SE W810i would say that the memory was full and a message couldn't be retrieved but as soon as I made space, the message came in. This really needs to be done for us as well.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

AnotherFatalEpic likes this.
  6. zerenitynow

zerenitynow New Member

I fixed this without a wipe. At least it's fixed for now. I have to say this has been MOST ANNOYING. I had 14GB of SD ram and 640MB out or 740MB free in phone ram yet the text messenger was saying I had to delete apps and data. I deleted all kinds of apps and this made no difference at all.

What worked? I tried app AutoMemory Manager (after trying a bunch of others including "Memory Booster".) Hitting Menu I noticed there was a "White List". Presumably these things can take what memory they need. Not sure exactly. But I noticed GMail was in there as well as android.process.acore, comm.google.process.gaps, com.android.alarmclock, Messages and finally AMM iteself. Now GMail had started giving me problems earlier in the week not syncing. So I removed it from this White List.
    VOILA! My SMS Text messaging started working again. AND GMail started syncing again!

Anyhow someone should really fix the text stoppage problem. And they should fix the memory reporting because something is not reporting the full story with regards to memory. Again I had over 600MB free of phone memory and 14GB SD RAM. Something if goofed up with that white list and its interaction with memory management.