Text message not sent notificationSupport

1. swiacollegeguy

swiacollegeguy New Member

Hello Everyone.

This is my first Smartphone and so far so good.... I've had it since Christmas day. It is a Droid 2 Global, all the USA droid 2's were sold out... But anyway that is not my problem.
    My Problem is that I keep getting a notification that says "Text message not sent" Tap to view message. For an icon it has a text envelope with a red X in the corner. Yesterday a friend and I were texting back and forth... she sent me a picture from her Sprint Android to me. There was a pop-up message that said did you want to send a delivery conformation. I pushed the yes button, then another error msg said something like nationwide coverage not available. I currently have full 3G service. So for the last few hours I keep seeing this notification, text message not sent. If I tap on the notification, it takes me to my text message inbox and then says Message not available. I can keep pushing the clear button all I want but it keeps coming back. I have restarted the phone, erased all my messages in my inbox but it keeps showing up. Emails and text messages send just fine, everyone seems to be replying. Can you please help?

Thanks,
    Darrin

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

The nationwide coverage thing happened to me. I ended up having to perform a factory reset.
  3. swiacollegeguy

swiacollegeguy New Member

I am performing a factory reset right now... I guess we just need to hit no when we are asked to send a delivery conformation. Is it kinda sad when we have to perform a factory reset after 3 days of having the phone?
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Maybe, maybe not. Honestly, moto effing with a perfectly good android system was a dumb move on their part, and it will come back to bite them. That and the updates to fix their screw ups probably didn't help you out.
  5. adamkingkong

adamkingkong New Member

Just install Handcent sms and delete the undelivered messages. Then uninstall it. Easy as that. Saved me from having to do a factory reset.
    lovemyd2g and pcabs like this.
  6. pcabs

pcabs New Member

ahhhh bro you just solved a month long issue that's been bugging the hell out of me!

Thanks!
  7. lovemyd2g

lovemyd2g New Member

Thanks a lot. Im just getting the hang of this and did not want to do a factory reset and lose all my apps and have to start over.
  8. fsufan7

fsufan7 New Member

I did the factory reset, installed Handcent and still unable to send text messages. I can receive them, just can't send. I gotta get this fixed, none of my friends know their phones can be used as talking devices. They think they can only text or play games on them.