Text message notification almost inaudible

Last Updated:

1. Chief714

Chief714 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So.... Every time I get a text, it's almost impossible to hear the notification ringtone? When I'm on a call or listening to music at the gym, I get NO notification. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. GalaxyS609

GalaxyS609 Well-Known Member

yeah I wish i had a suggestion, but the external speaker just blows on this phone. Im using the same ringtones I had on my Motorola RAZR V3i and I can never hear my text notification, even with the volume all the way up, it doesnt even compare to my RAZR. If its anywhere other than the desk in front of me, I rarely hear it. If its in my pocket, forget it, unless I happen to be in a dead silent room, sucks.

3. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

Go to settings > Sound and Display > Ringer volume and make sure your notification volume is up.

4. GalaxyS609

it is, still sucks. :D I screwed around with all that crap when I first got the phone 6 weeks ago.

5. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

mines loud as hell i use the autobot transforming sound.

6. MeVirtually

MeVirtually Active Member

Make/modify a notification sound in a sound editor like Audacity so that it's louder than your current one. You could try editing the tone so that it repeats, so your ears may be more likely to pick up on the tone, if having a longer tone isn't an issue for you.

7. GalaxyS609

fact still remains that this speaker is weak as hell compared to my previous phone. maybe ill mess with it in Adobe Soundbooth later, its just sad that extra steps need to be taken.