Text Message Notification SoundSupport

Last Updated:

1. CGNY87

CGNY87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on my old phone (LG Dare) the phone would beep every x number of minutes if you did not read a new text message. Is there a way to set it up on the DX so that if i dont read a new txt after the inital ring, it will beep or play the rington like every minute.

this is the only feature i miss, bc sumtimes i walk away from my phone and miss the txt coming in and i wont kno its there unless i check my phone. I would like to have it beep or sumthing every minute as a reminder that you have a text waiting

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Not sure about a repeating beep but if you miss anything on your phone, the led will continue to flash until you view it. Sometimes I walk away from my phone too but always notice the light. It's nice and bright :)

3. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS will do this, but I don't think the stock SMS will. You can set the number of times it sounds a reminder and the interval between reminders.

4. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

If you like the stock SMS application (I do) then you can use SMS Popup to configure reminder notifications as well as set different notifications for each contact.