Text message popup...

1. vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric Well-Known Member

I searched for a solution for this but I found no reference to it...

When I receive a text message, it displays a gray popup box with the text and buttons to "close" or "reply". I want to turn this off. It's often slow and sometimes pops up while I'm already typing my reply.

I've gone into the messaging settings and turned off everything that I figured could be related to that. I even turned off Auto-retrieve, but I still get those gray popups. I would really like to have them turned off.

If you could help me, or direct me to a thread I missed that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

I will continue to look for a solution while I wait for a response. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

What phone, what carrier, where do you live, is on wifi or only 3g?
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

half of those questions aren't required. Just need to know:

the phone ?
    if you have installed any messaging apps?
  4. vertigoelectric

It's the Motorola Droid through Verizon.

Well, I had installed ChompSMS, and my friend (who also has a droid) said it must be Chomp because he doesn't get the popups. I doubted this, but I uninstalled chomp anyway... and rebooted my phone... and I still get them.

It's really annoying, and what makes it even more so is that I can't figure out how to rid myself of them. The little icon in the status bar is really all I need, and I don't need a popup to display the message to me.

I still haven't found a solution.
  5. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

I had this issue as well. But it was only while I had it installed (chompSMS).
    I have no clue if it matters or is even necessary, but whenever I have an issue/conflict with an app, obviously I uninstall the said app, shut off the phone, battery pull, then reboot. It's just my habit and certainly won't hurt
  6. vertigoelectric

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I think I've figured it out... I'm testing it now with a friend.

It's the Voice Text application... it has a setting to "Enable popups"... i unchecked it...

NO MORE POPUPS! HAHA... I didn't realize it would be the voice text thing... oh well.
    Ozzym94 likes this.
  7. Ozzym94

Ozzym94 New Member

I'm having this same problem but cant find the 'voice text application' HELPP!
  8. jdubya

jdubya New Member

Two applications to review when popups need to be turned off:
    HandcentSMS
    SMS Tray

Uninstall each in turn and you'll likely find your culprit.

Oh, get this essential app:
    SMS Unread Count

Enjoy!