Text message recieved

Last Updated:

1. mrw5641

mrw5641 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how do you tell if a person received a message on the Eris, besides using the option of having a message sent back 2 u. its frustrating because i am not sure if my messages are going thru or not....

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

are you using HandcentSMS or Chomp or the native?

If your text cannot be sent, a notification telling you so will show up. In handcent it is a red circle with an X in it.

3. mrw5641

i had handcent but i culdnt figure out how to get the notification, and with handcent when u received a message that program popped up and the standard message program also came up, so it was like recieving two messages.

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

It's discussed quite a bit on every Android forum I've been on but you need to disable the notifications in your stock app. If you're referring to Handcent's pop up you can disable it in Handcent's settings if you don't want it.

Sent Notifications is what you're looking for -- specifically "Notify when message is received". As it says, the carrier has to support it.

5. mrw5641

i understand that but the only way to know if a message is recieved is if the carrier sends u a message back saying this was received, maybe im just confusing myself lol

6. mrw5641

i got the handcent and the only way to know if a message was delivered is by having a report sent back to me