1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Text Message Secretary for Android?

Last Updated:

1. brashquido

brashquido New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Just made the move to Android via a HTC Desire from my old Windows Mobile based Samsung Omnia, and I'm not missing the old phone apart from one application. I work in IT support and get notifications around the clock via SMS of any important issues, and therefore important I am woken up should circumstances warrant it.

On my Windows Mobile phone I had an application called Text Message Secretary which enabled me to create rules where if defined conditions are met I can get the phone to perform various functions automatically. For me I basically had a rule that would check the content of incoming messages and if certain strings where found the content would be forwarded to my email address and a particularly loud alert would play that was almost guaranteed to wake me up.

Just wondering if anything like this exists for Android?

Advertisement
  2. smartphoneguru

smartphoneguru Well-Known Member

Any luck with finding a similar app? I just got an Incredible yesterday and I used Text Message Secretary (TMS) too on WM. I have one daily, hourly text message that I need to forward to my employees. With TMS I could create a rule to forward that text.

3. Faktor4

Faktor4 Member

4. randyhouse

randyhouse Member

I have a similar requirement. I too am in IT and actually have a couple clients and in both cases TEXTS blasts are used for off hours notifications.

The problem is these texts come 24*7*365 and I am only responsible for 10 days per month.

So, I would like to be able to set it up create individual alerts per client or turn a paticular client alert off all together if I am not on rotation.

In addition I would like to be able to recieve and hear notification for PERSONAL texts with an all together different tone which would work all the time.

My current solution is 2 phones and a pager.

My goal is 1 phone. I am looking at DROID and the dreaded IPHONE and if I can 100% confirm that I can get down to 1 phone to serve all requirments I am ready to make the purchase.

Thanks in advance for any input

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Tasker can read incoming text messages and perform many different actions based on customised profiles, generate unique alerts for contacts, and much more.

SMS Popup and many other messaging apps will let you set custom alerts by contact.