Text Message showing all displaysSupport

1. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

Hey guys I got another problem which is annoying the crap out of me

So in my Contacts on the display options, I turned off show Facebook contacts, everything is fine all my contacts are normal

but on my Text Messaging (Messages), it displays every contact from facebook who has a phone number/email in their profile, I thought Contacts and Messages would be sync'd and not do this

Is there anything I can do? Also....why would Samsung be so sloppy with this phone and not add a notification light....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

I hear this is an Android issue in general and not exclusive to Samsung.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

man you guys notice some of the strangest stuff

I have never noticed it did this.
  4. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

ya I notice a lot of the small details because it bothered me when I had the Atrix
  5. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

Does someone have a solution to this? It is annoying to see facebook friends on my message contacts because they added their phone number/email

yet it doesn't show up on my phone contacts
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I think I found a way but forgot to come back and tell you :(

I will look at it again
  7. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

ahh lol, did it involve deleting the whole facebook app? because i still want my phone contacts to display their profile pictures, but hate how i can't hide non phone contacts on my messages
  8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

no it didn't...it had to do with some settings in "contacts"
  9. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

the phonebook contacts?

i tried this

contacts>menu>more>accounts> and i desync'd everything except my gmail (only one that is showing a green sync)
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yup yup.

at work right now but going to try and look at it in a minute
  11. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

thanks ed, no rush, take your time
  12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

So far I have nothing. Even If I select show only Facebook contacts in phonebook the messaging apparently still shows all contacts from Facebook

Pretty big bug. Using a different msg app is not a work around either

The only work around.d is rather than searching by list....press in the empty box and starttyping a name or number in the too field (this is why I never noticed this big)
  13. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

man i really hope they fix this on ice cream, it never did this on my atrix, but i know it does it on other phones i believe.

also the group messaging is quite off, when messaging a group of friends, when they reply, it won't show the original message from the group message, that is such a flaw i found in this phone and other android phones that my friends told me about.