• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message Speed Record Broken Thanks to Swype on the Samsung Galaxy S

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Guinness World Records has long had an entry for the world’s fastest texter, a record judged by the time in which someone can put in a particular phrase or sentence. Mellisa Thompson – a Galaxy S user from Salford, England – used her phone and the preinstalled Swype keyboard to break the record previously held [...]

More...

Here is the text she had to type:

The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.

I tried to see how fast I could txt it......I couldnt get the bloody swype or SlideIT to recognize piranhas, it kept coming up with pandas! Even after adding them to the dictionary.

I was much faster using the HTC IME mod kb. So this test for me was a bust! :rolleyes:

How she did it in 25 seconds I will never know :eek:

Upvote 0
I love the swype feature. Although I am still learning to use it efficiently. I use "Ultimate Keyboard" and I'm still experimenting with diff skins for the keyboard. When I chose Ultimate, I researched the comments of all of the keyboards. I liked what I saw about Ultimate. Of course I still shop mostly on the android network.
But the swype feature is the sh__t, so much faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones