Text message threads suddenly take FOREVER to load.

Last Updated:

1. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Member This Topic's Starter

My messages threads have been taking about 10 seconds to load - no matter how many messages are in the thread. The initial list of message threads loads fine, but when I select one I get "loading" for a very long time. This has never happened to me before, and I have been running 2.1 since it was released. I tried restarting my phone... nothing. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

How long of threads are we talking, generally if its getting laggy its because it had too many to load, I'd just delete them.

3. BigJayTX

BigJayTX Active Member

If you don't want to lose your SMS messages, try downloading SMS Backup from the market. It will sync your SMS to your Gmail account so you can delete from the phone, but still get back to them later. Deleting message threads over 100 seems to take care of the lag issue.

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I had a few text messaging threads that were several hundred text messages in size. I had not even noticed how much lag had crept in over the weeks because it happened so gradually.

After I finally was able to delete the threads, the lag went away and it was lightning fast again. Of course, deleting the text messaging threads took forever. I try and keep my text messaging threads under one hundred in size these days. I also tend to delete the picture messages in the threads after I have downloaded the picture in question as that speeds the loading up dramatically as well.