Text Message Tone PLEASE HELP

Last Updated:

1. laura libby

laura libby New Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out how to set an mp3 file as my text message tone, i have gone to my sd card and created a notifications folder in the audio folder, and the file shows up as a notification tone but when i set it it doesn't work please help

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sure thing! Download an app called "Rings Extended" free of the Android Market , Make sure the MP3 is on the phone {i.e the SD card}

Now go to the messaging app -> Menu -> Settings -> Ringtone -> Select "Rings extended" when prompted -> Music -> Select the mp3 you want as the ringtone -> Done

Carl [​IMG]

P.S Welcome to the Forums ;)

3. EddersC

EddersC Active Member

Have you put the mp3 file in (exactly) media/audio/notifications in the SD card?

4. sunny316

sunny316 Active Member

Just create a folder named notifications on the root of your SD card. No need to create like /media/notifications etc. Just create the folder in the root of the card and put the mp3 files in it. They should play from the messaging settings just fine.

hadta likes this.
  5. KruegerNerd

KruegerNerd Member

Hey all!

I am trying the same thing on my Hero. I plugged my phone into my computer, made a "notifications" file, and dragged and dropped my mp3 into the folder. BUT, what the hell do I do after that? I got my mp3 into my Notifications Tone, and it's set as my notification tone, but that still doesn't set it as my text tone. It sets it as everything else but my text tone. I've even tried downloading sound boards, and holding down the sound I want, and it'll ask to set it as a ringer or notification... which is still no text tone? Am I completely missing something here?? On my Samsung Reclaim, I could just go to the sprint store and buy a ringtone for $2.99, why can't it be that easy?!

6. EddersC

EddersC Active Member

I think you need to do it in SMS settings rather than Sound and Display settings.
    On my Tattoo, I did it: SMS app -> menu -> Settings -> Select Sound

That help?

7. sunny316

sunny316 Active Member

Do what EddersC said, that'll do the trick..

8. gringooo

gringooo Member

There is no such application at the Market for Tattoo.

9. KruegerNerd

KruegerNerd Member

HAHA. Thanks everyone! Ummmm, I completely missed the part where it says "sound" in my message settings. WOW. This whole time I've been doing that other crazy way and it was under my nose all along.... :p

10. kelly1989

kelly1989 Member

i have the same problem but really dnt understand it

11. SmallTownGypsy

SmallTownGypsy Well-Known Member

Is it possible to assign a tone for when receiving a text from someone? I'm new to android. My BB Storm played a person's assigned ringtone when receiving text/emails from them as well.