text message transferTips

Last Updated:

1. johnmyers

johnmyers New Member

Hi all

I need help/advice to transfer my text messages from my old htc wildfire to my new samsung galaxy II or to my pc. Ive saved my contacts to sim but cant see a tab to do this with texts.

ive tried to log onto the android market but i get the following message "cant establish a reliable data connection to server" even when ive connected to WIFI at home.

I really need to keep these messages so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

2. samrox144

samrox144 Disabled

1> for sms

use the below guides transfer msg's

Transfer SMS to Samsung Galaxy S2 android from other phone | PRLog

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

>you should add a gmail account in the phone
    >and background data in settings>accounts & sync should be enabled
  3. johnmyers

johnmyers New Member

cheers samrox will give it a go.

I do have a gmail account but my phone wont connect

thanks again
  4. CharlesFatsa

CharlesFatsa New Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

No, but you just back up with any of the vast number of SMS backup apps, copy the backup, then restore it on the new phone. See post #2. There's nothing to it, and no need to pay money.
  6. Lazy django

Lazy django New Member

7. nusclyss

nusclyss New Member

Text messages are much more difficult than Contacts in regards of transfer. You can use Gmail or Google Drive to transfer the contacts between different phones, but can't do that for sms. For text messages transfer, you can check this sms transfer tutorial, which is demonstrated in a really simple way. A few mouse clicks will get the job done in a minute. Quite amazing!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015