• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text message transfer

johnmyers

Lurker
Jun 19, 2012
Hi all

I need help/advice to transfer my text messages from my old htc wildfire to my new samsung galaxy II or to my pc. Ive saved my contacts to sim but cant see a tab to do this with texts.

ive tried to log onto the android market but i get the following message "cant establish a reliable data connection to server" even when ive connected to WIFI at home.

I really need to keep these messages so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Hi all

I need help/advice to transfer my text messages from my old htc wildfire to my new samsung galaxy II or to my pc. Ive saved my contacts to sim but cant see a tab to do this with texts.

ive tried to log onto the android market but i get the following message "cant establish a reliable data connection to server" even when ive connected to WIFI at home.

I really need to keep these messages so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John
1> for sms

use the below guides transfer msg's

Transfer SMS to Samsung Galaxy S2 android from other phone | PRLog

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en

>you should add a gmail account in the phone
>and background data in settings>accounts & sync should be enabled

Upvote 0
Yes, app tool can help to transfer sms free, if you need transfer sms to your pc, the better way is to use mobile transfer tool.
It could be easy if you have a google account, when you switch from an old phone to a new phone, this is a helpful way. And if you need to transfer text messages to computer, you can use a data transfer tool on pc, like airdroid, but airdroid doesn't support contacts and text messages.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandraes
Upvote 0
Use google account is enough, but a little bit troublesome. Or you can use SMS transfer tools to make it easier

So Using a Google Account is NOT enough..... you can't do it with just a google account.

As other posters have mentioned here, you'll need to use some third party software, and then you could save the messages to a memory card, dropbox, or your google drive

Reactions: sandraes and Hadron
Upvote 0
Yes, SMS Backup+ works fine, but it is a third party SMS backup app. The only difference is where it stores the backup.

It does have the extra feature that it can be set to backup immediately when any SMS arrives (unlike most, which only allow scheduled backups). This pretty much ensures that everything is backed-up, but unfortunately also means that spam texts and other stuff you'd rather not keep will probably be backed-up before you delete them.

Upvote 0
Smart Switch is the official app made by Samsung to transfer data from other smartphones. Or you can try TunesBro Android Manager. it offers more flexible option for sms backup.

This is indeed a good tool to transfer messages from Android to another Android phone , like the Android Data Manager , Android Phone transfer tool ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones