Text Message Vibrate

Last Updated:

1. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm missing my text messages because I can't feel them. All it does is pulses two quick vibes, and I just don't feel them in my holster.

Any settings for this to make it vibe till I answer or something, cause this ain't working.

Advertisement
  2. quixand

So...noone is having this issue? You all think the two pulse vibe is enough to notify you of a txt message? Interesting.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Try SMS Popup. You can change the vibration pattern, though even at the "multiple long" vibrations setting, I sometimes miss it :(

4. rzawora

rzawora Member

I use a program called Missed Call from the market. I recommend installing this app, as it allows you to set different notifications for SMS and Missed Calls. In the options you can change the vibrate pattern for you SMS to resolve the problem you are having. Just be sure to go into messaging and turn off the notifications there or you'll get two notifications for every message.

5. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

That's just the nature of "vibe" in a holster with almost any phone.

Now if it would repeat, that would be nice!

The other option is to make a lightweight custom holster and wear the phone inside your pants. I'm sure you would notice the vibes.

6. quixand

That worked a charm, anyway you can turn off the notification in the tray from this app? I like the default droid notification.

Currently it's showing double notifications in the tray for the same text message.

7. quixand

bump