Text messages are self-destructing!Support

Last Updated:

1. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My text messages have started randomly deleting themselves when I open up Handcent to read them. I don't know if this is a Handcent issue, a Sprint issue or a p.o.s. Hero issue. The problem is getting worse. I thought maybe it was bec I had too many messages so I deleted them all & started from scratch & it's still doing it.
    They just disappear once I get into Handcent. The read messages are still there but the new message is gone & unless I read the preview in the notification I have no idea who sent what.
    I am not rooted, although I'd like to be but I'm too chicken sh*t to try rooting myself! I'm sure someone's going to tell me to root & it will fix the problem. I believe you! Problem is, no matter how easy everyone says it is I still don't have the confidence to take that project on myself. :)
    Is anyone else (rooted or not) having this issue?
    Does anyone have any suggestions, other than rooting or doing a factory reset? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Here is where you need to do some troubleshooting. Remove Handcent. Reboot phone. Did it work? No...... Backup your apps and factory reset. Do the simple stuff first then proceed further.